SSAS : A connection cannot be made to redirector. Ensure that 'SQL Browser' service is running. (Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient). + Solution

Problem :

have installed Analysis service on my server machine through remote login from my service account. I am able to open Analysis services from there.
When I open SSMS from the same service account on my local machine, I am not able to connect to that Analysis service. It is giving me error by saying :
"A connection cannot be made to redirector. Ensure that 'SQL Browser' service is running. (Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient).
A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connection host has failed to respond 10.245.192.111:2382(System)."


Solution :

Based on my research, the issue was caused by the Browser Service account was changed to the domain account. In your scenario, you can try to connect to the Analysis Service using <Servername>:2383 instead of instance name. Or you can change the Browser Service account to "Local System". Here is a blog that describes the detail informatin about it error, please see:
Analysis Service connectivity error due to SQL Browser service
Connectivity Issue: "A connection cannot be made to redirector. Ensure that 'SQL Browser' service is running"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SSIS Error : Unable to infer the XSD from the XML file. The XML contains multiple namespaces